Monday, August 18, 2008

Almost Time

Well, the summer is starting to slowing come to a close here. School starts for my girls in 3 weeks and we are off to see family in Colorado before that happens. We've had really unusually hot weather here in the Pacific NW and today I heard my first huge thunder clap! It almost sounded like an explosion, it was so loud. Then the rain came. It's actually been several weeks since we've had a good rain. So this is good. I love the sunshine, but a little rain is always nice and needed too. Back in Colorado they've had their share of weird weather. They've had some very hot days and it's cooled down 30 to 40 degrees in a very short period.

I went into Portland yesterday and found a 70% off sale on stretched canvases! I had to buy one. I got a 30 X 40. It just made since. It was the biggest one and down to 17.00 from 60.00! Can't beat that. I'm still not sure what I'll paint, so it will sit there for a bit till schools in gear and I have several hours to play! So stay tuned. I'll post when I get started.

No comments: