Friday, December 12, 2008

Selling Handmade Makes A Difference


Just finished my 2nd Art and Craft Fair here in Vancouver. There were so many talented people. I enjoyed the way people used there creativity to come up with all the different designs and ideas for children and as well as adults.




I ended up selling more of my craft wares than my paintings at this event. I was even in the local NorthBank magazine for the southwest Washington. It takes alot of work to get something like this together. Planning way a head is the key. Making sure you have business cards updated, brochures, gift certificates and if you do create custom work, put up some kind of sign to let your customers know you can personalize it or custom make a design for them if their interested. So if your a crafter or artist get out there to your community and sell handmade!

No comments: